A Letter from My Grandpa to My Grandma | Teen Ink

A Letter from My Grandpa to My Grandma

By Dmonay BRONZE, Cypress, Texas
Dmonay BRONZE, Cypress, Texas

"If you can dream,you can do it"- Walt Disney

Time sure flies by when you have been married for 34 years, but it’s worth it when you’re with the women you love. I came across a lot of tough time back in the days like picking up cotton for my grandmother just to help her out and taking care of my brothers and sister making sure they were safe. Girl I’ll tell you those were the days but it all change when I met you. I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was March and the year was 1975 and you were at a basketball game. I saw you sitting on the bleacher with your cousin. I said to myself I have to meet her because I know she was the one for me. I walk up to you and introduces myself by the face you were making I knew you didn’t like me but that wasn’t going to stop me. I showed up at your house everday to change your mind about me and to give me a chance. One day I’d came by and you came outside and told me that you don’t want anything to do with me if we break up. I wasn’t worried because I knew that we would never break up. I wanted us to move in with each other, but your mom wanted us to be married first. So we did, we got married on October 30th, 1977 at the Justice of Peace. I didn’t have a ring to put on your finger, so I decided to use the pop tap from the judge coke can and put it on your finger. When we left the court house you lost me two thousand dollar ring and you said that the pop tap wasn’t worth two thousand dollar. We laugh and we were on our way to paradise. A year later we had our first son, but sadly he passed away before we ever got to know him.A year gone by and we had another son then after that we had three more all girls.I made a promise to you and the kids that I would do anything to protect ya’ll and make sure ya’ll had everything ya’ll wanted for the rest of my life and I kept that promise. Until 2012 when I’d passed away. Even though I’m gone I didn’t stop loving you and it won’t stop because my love for you is so strong it will last a lifetime. I know you miss me and I also know sometimes you cry yourself to sleep. You are not alone you have the kids and the grandkids with you and you have me even though you lost me physically you didn’t lose mentally because I will always be in your heart and your mind forever.    Happy Birthday my love, your husband K.C 

My grandpa passed away 2 years ago and I knew how badly my grandma missed him so i decide this for her on her birthday from him.