The Night That Changed My Whole Life | Teen Ink

The Night That Changed My Whole Life

It was the day before my sister’s 11th birthday. It was going to be the cutest birthday she ever had. Later on my step dad,mom and us kids all went out on the water with some friends and we had a blast; Later on my step dad went with his friends and that’s when the alcohol started. My mom was mad because their was a lot to get done before my sister’s party, for example we had a 6 foot wide pool that had to be blown up. Dj was supposed to bring the pump, but would not answer his phone, I tried blowing it up by mouth for at least an hour, and had a bad asthma attack. My mom kept calling and calling and calling Dj because she was getting so stressed and frustrated .. And finally he answered, or so we thought. But it was a female. and this is what was said:

“MOM: Hello?
Woman: Who is this?
MOM: This is dj’s wife, Who the h*** is this?
Women: uh oh (Began to laugh)”

My mother immediately got up and went to the bar he was at, took off her ring and threw it at my stepdad and came home. While she was gone I was calling my brother because i was afraid, for my sister and myself, he did not answer, so i called his friend who was like my brother (Nico).

I told him what was happening, and he said to call him back when mom got home asap.

My step dad drove back to our house following my mom (He was drunk at this point) my mom ran into the house crying, my little sister woke up and I went and got her out of her bed and brought her into my room. Then all of a sudden the house shook. Dj had hit the house with his jeep (Woah.) Which was my room since my room was the front of the house. He went straight for my mom’s room and was in there for about 5 min. We heard so much screaming and then it went silent. All of a sudden my door had opened and it was Dj. My phone began to ring and I answered, it was Nico. Dj grabbed my phone and hung up on him ( Which is what made him realize something bad may have been happening.) Dj then sat right next to me on my bed telling me he only stayed in our life (Makenzie, Jonathan and i) because of us. He didn't care about my mom. And then he he said “ Dallas I am sorry, I am so sorry, But i meant to i meant to throw your mom in the shower I didnt mean to knock her unconscious though.” I then immediately knew I needed to go and check on my mom, and at that time i was very sick and was in and out of the bathroom as it was. So I came up with the excuse i had to poop. He wouldn't let me leave. He then heard Nico and Blake come in the door. His response to that was ( Uh Oh time to go.) As he walked out of my room I jumped in front of him to get out first, i then saw my mom standing in the walkway that goes into the computer room/her room/Kitchen, she was holding her head and could not stand very well. Nico saw Dj and screamed,

Nico: “ What the H*** is this Dj.”
Dj: “ You both need to mind your own business and leave”
Blake: “ What happened Dj i know she didn't do this to herself!”
Dj: “ You don't want to mess with me!!!”

Then Dj swung at one of the boys. My mom then ran to me and we slammed my door. She then went and sat with my sister, I opened the door to see with was happening and all three of them were in a full blown fight. Blood was going everywhere. Blake and Nico both thought that if they ran out dj would follow. He didn't; he did the total opposite. He came to my room and went straight for my mom, Spitting his blood on both me and my mom. Dj kept on going for my mom, and I kept trying to pull him back ( He is 6”1 and 200 pounds) I did it a few times and then he picked me up and threw me into my wall where my dresser was and I blacked out. I remember grabbing both of his ankles and holding on for dear life as I bit as hard as I could, my sister was biting his other ankle. We FINALLY got him out. Dj got into his jeep and backed up and took out a whole fence. He then drove around the block to Nicos house spun rocks at both Nico and Blakes trucks, which broke both of their windshields. He then turned his car around and a police held him up at gunpoint. The cops then came to talk to my mom, sister and I, my mom was then rushed to the hospital, and after a lot of convincing I got to stay with my sister and i would go to the doctor in the morning. My sister and i both went to nicos house with his mom. and that was that. One of the worst nights of my life.

This was a night that changed my whole life.