Getting Weilly | Teen Ink

Getting Weilly

By ashann15 BRONZE, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
ashann15 BRONZE, Cedarburg, Wisconsin

live life to the fullest

As cool crisp air was entering my bedroom, today was my birthday and it was spring. I was surrounded by my poppie wallpaper. My poppie wall paper was covering one wall of my room , and the poppies were so tall they made me feel like I was an ant. Poppies are a flower and they are my favorite flower; my whole room was filled with them. I woke up with family all around me. My mom, dad and sister, Ellaya. My mom told me to dress warm. I put on my favorite Ariel the Little Mermaid shirt, My Little Mermaid sweatshirt, and last, jeans. At first I was a little mad that it was not warm for my birthday, but I soon decided that it being warm did not matter. My mom told me also that my Grandpa Frank and Grandma Judi were coming. Were coming to give me something. I was so excited to see what my grandparents were going to bring me; I was just going to die. I could not wait!

When I came downstairs there were pancakes, my favorite breakfast food. They were waiting for me instead of me waiting for them to be made. I was really hungry, and when I saw pancakes I wanted to jump up in the air. By lunchtime, I was getting really anxious for what their reason was for coming was. By the time my grandma and grandpa were here I just wanted to know what my birthday present from them was. I felt like the whole world was going in slow motion, but in reality time was taking forever.

I started to think on what I wanted for my birthday. Was it a pony? I always wanted a pony. Was it a dog? I really really wanted a dog for my Birthday. I wanted a pony because I love horses and a pony would be perfect for me. I was thinking that it was a pony because I really wanted a pony, and a pony is a baby horse ,so why not, right?I wanted a dog just like my grandma and grandpa’s dog Sparky. Sparky is a three legged dog but goes everywhere like a normal dog. I wanted a dog like Sparky because it would remind me of Sparky and my grandparents. I was just going to explode if I had to wait any longer. I was just so excited to find out what my surprise present was.

My surprise was a Westie Terrier like Sparky. A Westie Terrier is a dog that is snow white and will be a foot off the ground. Westie Terriers look like a Scottish Terrier but they are white. Westie Terriers are bred for catching groundhogs in Ireland. My grandma asked me what will I name my new puppy. In response I said, “Weilly.”

I played from 1:00 to 5:30 with Weilly ,which is when we eat dinner, and I was so happy I got a dog. Right away I showed Weilly to Princess, my bunny. My grandma gave me a cage, to put Weilly in so he could sleep at night instead of in my, or my parents, bed. That night we went for dinner at Jalisco's. While we were gone our fire alarm went off. Weilly had to sit for about an hour and listen to that noise. When we got home Weilly was shaking, and my dad shut off the alarm. Ever since, Weilly has had really sensitive ears from the noise.

Weilly is now nine years old and has a brother, Asher, an Australian Cattle dog mixed with a Dachshund. They play all the time and love getting attention like any dog. I love Weilly very much.I remember this story still because it was when I got my best friend. I remember going crazy trying to figure out what my surprise present was.