Jungle Hike | Teen Ink

Jungle Hike

By sharonaf BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
sharonaf BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts

gentileza gera gentileza

When i was 9 or 10 years old, i traveled to Rio de Janeiro Brazil, with just my 16 year old sister and two cousins. I lived in an isolated town, where it was wet and arid,and had little jungles. We took advantage and decided to go on a jungle hike with a special group.In order to go we'd wake up at 5:30am to be ready by 6:00am. Outside,the air was moist,foggy and muggy,the grass was damp with dew and the sky had a peachy color,the color where the sun is about to rise. We had a long ride for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.As we got the the man rushed us "hurry we are leaving!" and we ran into the van. Getting the sun had been high in the sky and it was hot. The sun heating on the leaves, seemed to dry out the dew. The guide walked the trees, leaves and branches with a tracker where he used to find monkeys. As we approached what seemed like a family of monkeys, i was given a banana to be the first to feed a real live,uncaged monkey. As i came closer my eyes widen, i looked at its big dark brown eyes,and straight, long,golden orangish hair and thought to myself "I want to take it home with me." and now, when i see a monkey at the zoo i think the same thing everytime.