Memoir | Teen Ink

Memoir

October 22, 2013
By Medo961 BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois
Medo961 BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

When I fell down lots of things came to my mind. I was thinking of a lot of ways to get out of this problem but I couldn’t move any of my muscles I was stuck. My hand was raised and I screamed helped that’s all I could do at a moment like that.

It was 2006; it was my last day of school. I came home and all I see are bags all over the place, my older brother told me we were going on vacation. I was so excited that I didn’t ask where we were going till we got there. My mom’s friend was waiting for us at the airport and took us to the hotel. She said “I’ll be here at 9 in the morning”.

After 2 weeks, we decided to go to the biggest mall in Asia. When I first walked in there, I thoughts it would be a big one but I was surprised with 25 floors. We checked every store in the mall. Then we went to the food court which is the last floor. We were sitting down eating when me and my brother heard a gunshot. No one noticed till me and my brother rushed to the window and looked down. We saw 4 masked men and an injured man; they were probably robbing the jewelry store. I told my mom and the table next to us heard us and went to check it out. Suddenly they just freaked out and started screaming and the officers showed us the way to the kitchen so we can stay there till the situation is under control. We rushed in there, there were about 40 people in really small room, we kept hearing some gunshots all over the place. At that moment we didn’t know what’s going to happen next.

I wanted to leave to see what happen but my mom won’t let me, so I ran out without anyone noticing and looked to see, no one was there was no gunshot. When the speaker went on and the called the evacuation, I turned around and saw about 100 people running in my direction. I was so scared and just started running with them. Some guy pushed me out of the way and I fell and people start stepping on me so I had to crawl under one of the tables to protect myself. I saw blood all over my shirt so I knew that I was injured and needed help. I raised my hand start screaming “Help”! Until one of the officers took me from under the table and ran down to the ambulance. I fainted in the ambulance because I was scared and haven’t seen anyone that was with me in the mall. I woke up after 1 hour and saw mom and brother sitting next to me and the explained the whole thing. My mom was worried about me so she just took me back home.

That day will always be in my mind, and it made think anything could happen and everywhere.