My Mom | Teen Ink

My Mom

Everyday I wake up to see my mom chipper as usual. She often has a positive outlook on things and I believe that several of her characteristics are present inside of me. While she has had hardships she always arises as a stronger woman. My mother has lead me to become a strong Christian her religious ties are not see as her actions but by her constant attachment to the Lord. While she is a very devoted Christian through her actions I know how developed her relationship with God is, and this relationship is the most important of all. Because of her strong love for God she has been able to drag our family out of a dark hole that we all thought was inescapable. Her love, optimism and devotion have definitely impacted me, and after witnessing such a great woman experience life through Christ I am capable to do the same. Although she says that my passion for the Lord is more visible than hers I see her devotion and eagerness to get to know Him throughout everything she does. She is constantly listening to others, and it is sad when only few are there to return the favor. Zina leads a joyful life. While I pick on her for being negative sometimes, she does not know all of the positive actions I see resounding from her. She is constantly driven to do her best in everything she does and then she allows people to tell her what little she has done wrong. With a humble reply she apologizes and says I’ll try my best next time. The lack of credit my mother every receives is astounding. She is such a great mom and I hope that one day I will mirror the image of a “saint,” as my friends sometimes call her this. Lessons learned from my mom are some of the best. Lessons of how to read ones body language in order to interpret the help they need. Lessons of how to be there for others and how listening is the key ingredient. Lessons of how to think of others before yourself. Lessons of how to never brag and never talk back. Lessons of how to be open minded because with out this learning a single thing is impossible. Lessons of how to rise from desolate places where God seems far away. And most importantly lessons of how to love others just as God loves us. My mother will never leave my side and I am securing knowing that I will always have God and her by my side.