It's 9/11/12... | Teen Ink

It's 9/11/12...

By AliceAngel DIAMOND, Shreveport, Louisiana
AliceAngel DIAMOND, Shreveport, Louisiana

This brick wall I tried so hard to build, is tumbling down. - Me (AliceAngel)

If drama were vodka, everyone at my school would be drunk. - Chloe, one of my friends.

It’s 9/11/12…
And to think, just last night I had been looking up at the pitch black sky while standing in the brand new football stadium during one of the many Monday Night Rehearsals for marching band. I didn’t even think about the horrible tragedies that happened 9/11/01.
I woke up this morning, just a normal day, until the day goes on and I start thinking more about the date and I get to 3rd period US History. I think that’s when I fully realized that it was 9/11. 11 years ago today, the Twin Towers fell, the Pentagon was hit by a hijacked plane, and flight 93 had been hijacked and then taken over by the passengers.
After I came home, I did the usual things. I started up some music (John Mayer) and pulled up facebook.
9/11/12 seemed a lot different from 9/11/11.
What happened to all the statuses talking about all the tragedies that happened this day 11 years ago?
What happened to everyone posting a status talking about the heroes such as the firefighters or the workers themselves?
What happened to the arguments about how we shouldn’t be thinking just about the employees that died, but also the firefighters and police officers and many others?
What happened?
It seemed that it may have been a horrible tragedy 11 years ago that everyone remembers, but no one bothers to say something about it except for very select few.
It seems as if it’s more of a joke for maybe younger generations or people that like to make fun of everything and take life as a joke.
I can’t tell you how many jokes I have seen, starting yesterday, that had to do with 9/11.
I can’t tell you how wrong it felt to laugh at them.
I can’t tell you how many times I wished and wished that I could remember the day 11 years ago when I was in kindergarten.
I can’t tell you how many times I wondered who all was effected by 9/11.
I can’t seem to tell you anything.
It’s 9/11/12…

I was just realizing what day it was for the millionth time and was noticing things that were different from last year and decided to write something about it.