The Times When... | Teen Ink

The Times When...

By emolover95 GOLD, Park City, Utah
emolover95 GOLD, Park City, Utah

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

What are you thinking as you read this?
Have you already deemed me with the title of: The girl, who is snotty and is always complaining who, on top of it all, has a bad sense of humor?
Have you not noticed that I’m the same as you?
I feel the same way as you do. I feel the same hurts and pains, the same joys and happiness.
There are times when I’m just like you. And there are times when I’m utterly alone.
There are the times when I can’t laugh because inside I feel like I’m about to fall apart.
There are times when I brush off friendships; the fear clutching my heart that they might only judge me in the end.
There are the times when I cry so hard and for so long that each sob wracking my body is in perfect sync with my heart.
There are the times when I want nothing more than to give up and be released from all the pain.
There are the times when crying has become the only thing that I know how to do better than anyone else.
But there are also times I can’t stop laughing because being around my family is like being in a comedian club.
There are times I blush a deep red when my crush walks by and hands me a compliment.
There are times when a smile I’ve worn all day just can’t seem to disappear.
There are times when I dance in a rainstorm letting all the water wash away everything but that moment.
There are times when I sit back, contemplating my life, and say to myself, “Wow, you’ve sure had a good run.”
And twenty years from now I’ll look back, and the only thing that will catch my eye will be the times when I was truly happy.
Because those are the times when my life was the best.
And those are the times that I will hold in my heart eternally, and nothing can ever take that away from me.

I originally wrote this piece in my journal and I never intended for anyone to read it, but then I thought that I would share it. So thanks for reading it.