The Bottle Rockets | Teen Ink

The Bottle Rockets

November 29, 2011
By onedirectionlover GOLD, Hampton, Virginia, Virginia
onedirectionlover GOLD, Hampton, Virginia, Virginia
16 articles 3 photos 37 comments

My dad was about 12 or 13 and living on a farm in Shelton, Connecticut. On this farm their was a barn, that he had horses, cows, and bull in. As a young boy he would climb on the roof of the barn, and shoot off bottle rockets into the nieghbors yard. Those fireworkds are now illegal by the way.

He would light one, it would go up over the trees, across the street and into the nieghbor's yard, scaring them to go inside. Over those few weeks in the summer, he would shoot those things off all the time, never geting caught.

One day, my dad was sitting on the roof, and a cop car was coming around the corner, "Perfect," he thought. He got ready, aimed, and fired! Over the trees it went right to the hood of the police car. Two policemen came out, one went the opposite direction and one was heading right toward him. He got off the roof of the barn the way he knew the cop couldn't see him, ran across two fields, and went right into the house. No one ever knew it was him. He never got caught.


The author's comments:
True story about my dad, I may put more up here soon too.