Write Words | Teen Ink

Write Words

August 1, 2011
By Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other
31 articles 6 photos 577 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."


Words will not come. I sit here staring at the majority of the page: a daunting white space.


I have twenty-one, now twenty-three, words, and it is not enough.


I want it to fill up my vision, and I want it to do so now. Yet words will not come, and so I write.


Q, W, E, R, T, Y, U… The order of the keyboard has always been so strange to me. I could never come to fully understand why they should be placed in such a way.


On a sheet I have next to me, I scribble a heart, then another, then another… The page is filled with hearts, but the one that is significant is still not halfway filled.


There is a list next to me. It contains 5000 words, good words, words to be known for the SAT.


But none are good enough. It would not make the story if I typed them all onto this page. So I ignore it, ignore those words that tell me I am not even close to being done.


I am a procrastinator.


I am a digresser.


I am a wordless, digressing procrastinator.


It seems right to write the name. It is what I am, for the story will not come and the words will not flow.


They should write themselves for me. I am only at 228, now 230 words, should I count numbers as words.


Really, they are not named words. Should three numbers combining to become one number, like the 2, 2, and 8 combination—should that be sufficient to say they are three numbers? Three words? Or, together as 228, would it only be one?


These questions do not help.


They don’t do a good job of filling the page! I have not gone three quarters! Even a page would suffice! Yet I don’t have my story. Just a girl’s thoughts.


Just thoughts.


Thoughts are not actions… Should a story not have the actions to be a story? It should. It would have the variety and the suspense and the captivation for a reader…


A reader would read and be boggled by the many things one can think of when aiming for another accomplishment.


The story would be blank of what they expect…


I should be ashamed of the ongoing ranting!


I should be embarrassed that I would say such atrocities!


I should be paying attention to the task at hand!


But I am still as I said I was: a wordless, digressing procrastinator.


And I have not come up with an idea or a character or an event… I have not thought of a setting or a time or a location… I have but thoughts.


And now I have filled up the entire page.


The author's comments:
Have you ever had that moment where you're trying hard to write something, but because you can't think of anything, you kind of think of everything but what you're trying to do? Well, here's a look into what happens to me when I'm attempting to concentrate. (And failing)