As if I were Five... | Teen Ink

As if I were Five...

June 15, 2011
By bubbagump96 GOLD, Frederick, Maryland
bubbagump96 GOLD, Frederick, Maryland
11 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A friend shares their umbrella. A best friend grabs it and yells 'Run, Forrest, run!'".


Some people say I'm ignorant of the world. But I say they're ignorant of life. They all focus on the bad things. Poverty, illness, etc; while I try to make a difference. Growing up, my mom always said I'm to trusting. But I don't think so; I just think people deserve a fair, ungrudging chance, a friendly smile. My Pappap says I'm just a little to friendly. Holding doors for strangers with a sincere smile and wise, kind eyes isn't the norm for a teenager. Apparently I should be rebelling and trying out new things. But instead I go to the park and watch people interact with each other. Wondering why they're so cold. My Granny says I'm to selfless. But I'm selfish... I get so much joy from helping others.

My Daddy always used to say I have the personality of a five year old. The world has not yet left it's mark of cruelness, or hatred. But of pureness and beauty. When I see a dead flower, I think of the beauty it was, not the reality of what it has become. When my Dad died, that night, I didn't cry. I felt a weight on my shoulders, but I liked it. I still feel that weight, and I intend to add more.. and still be that five year old my daddy always saw. I take life in stride and don't let anything bother me. After all, you do have to face the clouds to see the silver lining.


The author's comments:
Dedicated to my Dad...
By your little Princess. Forever and always <3