As if I were Five... | Teen Ink

As if I were Five...

By bubbagump96 GOLD, Frederick, Maryland
bubbagump96 GOLD, Frederick, Maryland

"A friend shares their umbrella. A best friend grabs it and yells 'Run, Forrest, run!'".

Some people say I'm ignorant of the world. But I say they're ignorant of life. They all focus on the bad things. Poverty, illness, etc; while I try to make a difference. Growing up, my mom always said I'm to trusting. But I don't think so; I just think people deserve a fair, ungrudging chance, a friendly smile. My Pappap says I'm just a little to friendly. Holding doors for strangers with a sincere smile and wise, kind eyes isn't the norm for a teenager. Apparently I should be rebelling and trying out new things. But instead I go to the park and watch people interact with each other. Wondering why they're so cold. My Granny says I'm to selfless. But I'm selfish... I get so much joy from helping others.

My Daddy always used to say I have the personality of a five year old. The world has not yet left it's mark of cruelness, or hatred. But of pureness and beauty. When I see a dead flower, I think of the beauty it was, not the reality of what it has become. When my Dad died, that night, I didn't cry. I felt a weight on my shoulders, but I liked it. I still feel that weight, and I intend to add more.. and still be that five year old my daddy always saw. I take life in stride and don't let anything bother me. After all, you do have to face the clouds to see the silver lining.

Dedicated to my Dad...
By your little Princess. Forever and always <3

sean1123 said...
sean1123, Phoenix, Arizona
so cool

whalien BRONZE said...
whalien BRONZE, Quebec, Quebec
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
So moving and provocative
I hope the world always deserve your kindness.