Great Grandma Wilson | Teen Ink

Great Grandma Wilson

By scrabblebabble BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
scrabblebabble BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

I don’t remember when I first met great grandma Wilson; all I know is that I looked up to her. She had been strong. When she lived in Wisconsin we would visit her all the time. When I got the news that she had been hit by a train I cried a little. I guess I would’ve cried more if she had died then but she didn’t and I’m happy that she lived. I don’t remember visiting her in the hospital but I think I did. When she moved to Arizona I was mortified. I had hoped to spend more time with her. When I got the news that she had died I was again mortified, but I didn’t cry. It’s been so many years since I’ve seen her that I wasn’t really that close to her. I still don’t know if I should cry or be happy. Maybe I do both. We can all be happy to know that she is in heaven with God. She probably was so happy when she woke up and saw great grandpa Wilson. She lived her life well and tonight we can all sleep peacefully knowing that she watching over us. We can also be happy that she lived to be 92. That’s well past her goal of 90. Yet we can grieve for our loss of a person dear to all our hearts.

My great grandma died on March 7, 2011 around 7:00am. Her funeral is/was March 30, 2011. she will always be in my heart. this is the speech i will say at her funeral.

AAWW!! thnx Sparkles!

teacat749 BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

Love it, Trachea! This is so sweet. 

I hope u like it!!