Inspiring Art Expressions | Teen Ink

Inspiring Art Expressions

By MishaSalud GOLD, Parañaque, Other
MishaSalud GOLD, Parañaque, Other

Carpe Diem.

Do you get inspired with other people’s work? Well I did by just looking at abstract washed-out colored paintings in collection cards.

Imagine Leonardo Da Vinci, Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh, Gustav Klimt, Pierre Auguste Renoir and many more-what do you think do they have in common?

Her name is Maria Victoria Rufino or Aunt Mavic. I met Aunt Mavic through my mother and our family friend, Sister Isabel. My mother and Aunt Mavic used to work in Makati’s most expensive and prestigious fashion shop called “The Clothes Shop”. They were all fashion ramp models and sold clothes on “Made in Heaven”. But more than just being models, Aunt Mavic turned out to be a writer, a concert producer a business woman, a regular columnist at Business World and many more! Phew! That’s a lot!

The exquisite paintings in her postcards just make me imagine the other works that she has. It truly surprised and inspired me at the same time. Her abstract paintings are so creative, unique, and full of emotions. Her art is very inspiring when you see how you can make to shirt designs, templates and everyday cards too.

I wish to be as expressive as her in art someday!