Capturing your Attention | Teen Ink

Capturing your Attention

By KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia
KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

My pen traces between the blue lines of this blank page. I love the first mark of ink on an empty page; it represents a world full of words to come. The real magic of an empty page is that it can be filled with anything I want. I could write an epic of a brave prince on a mission to rescue a princess in a far off tower. I could write a haiku of how I feel about that special boy that sits across from me in the classroom. I could write about that rain that falls outside my window and reminds me of tears from God. Anything can be my inspiration. Anything can be said or done in the space below here, and it will. My goal is to fill every space with words that touch people’s hearts whether it is good or bad. I am a writer.

AubreyJordan PLATINUM, Flagstaff, Arizona
Short, sweet, and to the point :) And wonderfully written, I might add. Keep filling those spaces!