Basic Math | Teen Ink

Basic Math

By JerseyLiar9 GOLD, Warrenton, Virginia
JerseyLiar9 GOLD, Warrenton, Virginia

"You've got to learn to move on, because life will move on. If you don't move on, you'll just end up in over your head."

"Never regret anything because at the time, it was exactly what you wanted."

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

I watched the way he walked in front of me. I laughed at him when my best friend and I would make fun of him, and he couldn’t hear us. I listened to how his tone changed when talking to me, and then talking to anyone else; for me, it was softer and kinder. I saw the way he looked into my eyes every time he spoke, however, didn’t lock them there; his eyes glanced off to the sides. I noticed his body language, and the way he was incredibly close to me whenever we spoke, which was a chance he jumped on. I felt bullets go into my chest when his friends were around, and being a typical guy, made fun of me. I forgave him when he said he didn’t mean it once they left. I felt his hand skim mine when he put money in my hand after losing a bet. I stared when he looked at me, as it became a contest. I couldn’t move when his mouth opened. I knew he was lonely and insecure and needed me as much as he needed me, but didn’t know how to get me. I put this all together in a big math equation called me (like you) + you (like me). I don’t know the answer.

I had this realization; almost an epiphany that my best friend and I liked eachother after being told so for three years. Now, I don't know what to do.

Hope-in-life PLATINUM, Hutto, Texas

"too many of us stay walled up because we are afraid of being hurt.we are afraid to care too much for fear that the other person doesn't care at all "

its often said that the people your destined to marry are your best friends, i wish you the best of luck , and as an idea perhaps writing him something as beautiful as this well send things into motion.

JerseyLiar9 GOLD, Warrenton, Virginia

Thank you!

kaseyyy BRONZE said...
kaseyyy BRONZE, Springfield, Ohio
wow! i really liked the description. i can almost picture him. good luck with the situation!

JerseyLiar9 GOLD, Warrenton, Virginia

Huh? What did I misspell?