Dear Future Me.. | Teen Ink

Dear Future Me..

By ElaM ELITE, Surrey, Columbia
ElaM ELITE, Surrey, Columbia

“I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party; and I attended with my real face.” ~Franz Kafka

Dear Future Me, 

As you elucidate this epistle, take an abeyance to cogitate on the odyssey that has impelled you to this occasion. You are edifying these words from an abode of proliferation, novelty, and maturing. 

I aspire you are honored of the person you have inclined. Remember all the obstacles you inebriated, the impediments you subjugated, the moments of confounded perspiration that lit up your life. Each occurrence, whether tranquil or perilous, has contrived you into the buoyant, benevolent, and competent personage you are today. 

As you lace upon the vestibule of tomorrow, I want you to retint onto a few epochal truths: 

Firstly, never forget your virtue. You deserve allegiance, elation, and gratification in every countenance of your life. Let go of any ambiguities or vacillations that are residing within. 

Secondly, abide to dream venturesomely. Your perceptibility knows no delimitations, so never be apprehensive to set intrepid principles and persevere your inmost fascinations.  

Thirdly, enshrine the specific individuals around you. Your treasured ones have been your promontory, your weight watchers, and your antecedent of cachinnation through it all.  

Lastly, remember to be amiable to yourself. Life can be erratic, and there will be days when you wallow or abate. Embrace your infirmities, learn from your aberrations, and gratify yourself with the compunction you prolongate to others. 

Here is to the contingency that anticipates you, to the remonstrances you will vanquish, and to the instants of enchantments that will suffice your years. 

With affection and presentiment, 

Ela