Clarabelle’s Disaster | Teen Ink

Clarabelle’s Disaster

March 8, 2024
By Lix_TTV BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
Lix_TTV BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was a clear and sunny day, and my dog Clarabelle was out in the yard, just messing around like she normally does. When she was out in the yard, she decided to eat a palm tree seed that was really big.
 She ate the seed; she was fine throughout the rest of the day, until when the next day came. When the next day came, she got up and wasn’t acting normal. She wasn’t drinking or eating anything, and we just thought that her stomach was upset at the time and that she probably didn’t want to eat anything that moment. Then when the day was almost over, she still wouldn’t eat or drink anything still. That’s when we decided to make an appointment for the next day for her to go the vet. The next day came, and we took her to vet in the morning. When we got there, we waited for a long time till they took her back to check her to see what’s wrong. When they finally took her back to check on her, we went home for a couple hours until they called us to come back there and tell us what was wrong with her. When we got there, they took us into a room to tell us what’s wrong. When we got into the room, they brought Clarabelle to the room with us to tell us what was wrong with her they told us that she had a palm tree seed in her and a big piece of rubber that she couldn’t process. The vet told us to go to this place that does surgeries for dogs; when they told us that it was too late to go there then so we just decided that we would have to go there tomorrow but before we left the vet gave my dog a shot that gives her a boost of energy, that has food so that she doesn’t die of starvation.
The next morning, we went to that place that the vet told us about. When we got there, there was a long line of dogs trying to get surgery done. So we decided to just drop her off and they would take her back. They said that we should just go home, because when the surgery is about to be over, they will call us to come and see her. So about six or seven hours later they called us to see if we wanted to go see her and we did, we went straight there. When we got there, we went inside, and they took us to this room, and they brought Clarabelle into the room so we can see her. We sat with her for a long time and then the doctor came in the room and told us that they were going to keep her for the next 2 days to make sure everything is fine with her. We decided to go home that night and come back next day.
The next day I woke and went to school and my parents went to work and while I was at school I was thinking about my dog the whole time thinking if she was fine. When school was over, I went home till my dad got off work then we went to the vet to go see her again and to see how she was doing today. When we got there, we did the same thing. We went into a room and they brought Clarabelle to us. We stayed with her for 2 hours until we left and went to go get something to eat that night for dinner, we talked about how she was going to home the next day and after dinner we went home to get some rest for the next day because I had school and my parents had to work.
The next day, I went to school happy because I knew this was the day Clarabelle was finally coming home tonight. When school was over, it was raining and thundering outside and my parents went to go get Clarabelle but made me stay and sweep the driveway because there was a bunch of palm tree seeds on the ground. So, while they were getting Clarabelle, I had to clean up the driveway in the rain and thunder which wasn’t fun. Then my parents finally pulled into the driveway with Clarabelle in the car. When she got inside the house she acted like her normal self-begging for food and barking at us like she normally does, and we were so happy that she made it through all that. From that point on, every time Clarabelle goes outside, we go outside with her and watch to make sure she doesn’t eat another palm tree seed. She hasn’t since and I think she has learned her lesson to not eat them.