You and I | Teen Ink

You and I

July 30, 2023
By Evanie BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Evanie BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
2 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Matt. 28 Verses 19 to 20
[19] Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, [20] teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.


I remember running into him for the very first time when friends of mine introduced us. Even though we were sitting on the outside of the small coffee shop, I was continually staring at him—specifically, at the look in his eyes. Those intense gray irises were so penetrating that they were about to break down everything that existed.He cracked a grin and bowed his head as soon as he saw I had been staring at him. His mouth and lips were a light shade of pink, and his beaming grin was contagious.He proceeded to play around with his long, black, curly hair, and chuckle at our friends' amusing stories, resulting in captivating my keen interest.The palms of his hands were large—large sufficiently for him to grasp all four plates.I was envisioning my friend's concealer resembling the light brown skin. He became aware of me glancing at him; I blushed and snapped my head elsewhere.He was apparent to be concentrating all of his energy on me as I was tilting my head.I ceased admiring his gray irises immediately following the uncomfortable occasion.He unexpectedly stood up and proceeded to sit right next to me. I in the beginning experienced astonishment but hesitated to say anything at all.

He added, "You okay ? why are you not talking" in an attempt to initiate a conversation or exchange. Before retaliating I gazed upon him and chuckled. In my head all I could think is that " damn that n***a is fine"

I felt terrible about my response, which was "I'm okay, I guess"

He beamed warmly at me and murmured whatsoever was on his mind at the moment.His eyes communicated to me what he was seeking: answers. 

 

Why were you assessing me;by how you were glaring at me,I think you like what you see? I was unable to respond when he asked since I was unsure of the explanation.I offered him the simple 

response when I replied, "Your eyes, it's nice." However, after saying that, I began to wonder how weird I had been.

"Thank you. Where are you from? Although I live in LA, I spend the summer in New Jersey. He stated.

"I'm from Brooklyn, how are things in LA? Sincerely, I would like to reside in Georgia. There, I enjoyed myself.I was honest when I started it.""LA is sunny,beachy,full of people" I giggled when he looked at me slowly up and down , and the talk flowed easily,he did make a lot of insinuation or suggestions. I enjoyed the way his eyebrows moved because it permitted us to gain insight into his expression. We talked the entire time till I had decided to leave for my house

Even though I didn't obtain his phone number, I wished I had. For the reason of his gray gazes I began referring to him by the nickname GG. His eyes remained the very first characteristic about him that I admired. I'm uncertain of the precise moment when this took place, but I can remember that the person doing the cleaning shouted my name while informing me of the fact that a friend was in the living-room area waiting on me. I was first puzzled, but right away when I spotted him, I cracked a grin and proceeded in his approach.

I said with a wide grin on my cheeks, "Hi, what are you doing here in my house, this is weird and alarming.When he said, "They sent me to get you, they are waiting for you in the car," I was perplexed and blurted out, "Who in heaven are 'they'?"

I am not sure the reason why he said what followed or if it was the expression on my face, but for a few seconds I thought about kidnapping.I gave him a face grimace until he said, "Our friends, he's waiting for you. We were supposed to head to the restaurant." I do that face when I forget about anything. He subsequently began laughing, which infuriated me."Let's leave, because we're going to be late" he murmurs after muttering something I didn't get, but he then turns and gives me a serious-looking look.Absolutely nobody else has ever spoke to me like that; "Like I said, we are probably going to be late, hurry up,";with the exception of my parents.I was indignant and replied, "Don't yell at me, I'm not your little sister or anything."I came back down the hall shortly after switching my clothes upstairs.

He gave me an extended glance while stepping out the front door. I accompanied him out the door and observed two vehicles outside where my group of friends had been waving at me. I gestured back at them as we got in the car. Anxy recommended we come here altogether so we could treat ourselves to something special for one particular night immediately as we entered the dining establishment. Our table was right next to the windows, which was absolutely outstanding.I demanded jambalaya, which is rice with three types of meat—shrimps, sausage, and chicken—and you can request what meat you want.Although I am unable to recall the particulars of my friends' suppers, I can remember the fact that one of their meals was rice with eggs, and GG ordered spaghetti with beef.We immediately delved into an extensive variety of topics. When the dinner showed up, GG rejoined the discussions, and I noticed the fact that he was still eavesdropping on this whole conversation while on his phone. In fact, he chuckled.

It was almost night when we finished dinner at the restaurant. We were all happy about our food.But my friends decided to go somewhere else. We didn’t want the night to be just dinner.

In accordance with being aware that my travel buddy and I traveled to Coney Island in New York, since I didn't know we were going I didn't bring enough money. GG immediately recommends that he cover all of my costs and I will compensate him later.We joined as a result.Because he 


had paid for me, I felt so embarrassed that I had no desire to take advantage of it or participate in anything. On the contrary, I prepared for everything to wrap up before I was able to depart and return home. GG came towards me after a few minutes and demanded, "Why are you  not having fun, are you okay,you look mad ? " I replied with a nod and a statement that read, "No," clarifying, "I'm uncomfortable given that you needed to make a payment for me to be allowed in, and now my state of mind is downward, I don't like the idea of owning people." He smirked.

"No it's fine, we're both friends, and it's not like I overlooked the proviso. I am not particularly concerned about that, I am not in need of the cash at the moment, you are entitled to your time," he said in explanation. I responded with a broad smile, "So that implies that I can make payments whenever I desire," and he chuckled."Yes you can, with no delay, you see I'm better than the bank."I chuckled and said, "Ok firstly I want to experience the car ride, I like that one, you wanna ride along with me." His face appeared as a person who was pondering, then he responded, "Yes, let's go I'm kinda good at it, we'll see how you do."

We headed to the racetrack.It was cool, and when we tried the Thunderbolt, I repeatedly yelled as he continued to yell profanities. He even advised me to stop, but we continued to yell profanities at the same moment.It was the first time that we were truly working together.And I was conscious of how much I favored his gray eyes.

I was hesitant to say, "I like your eyes, the color damn,it's nice" but he responded, "Ow thanks, generally people appreciate other characteristics regarding me." His cell phone rang,he looked around and looked at me, and said, "It's time for us to go." I felt disappointed because I was not 


able to try every one that I intended. I commented: "I would like to come back here in order to try as many as I can, but I would rather not go by myself."

I'll be there with you so that you can appreciate yourself a bit more, you know.The things he said caused me to become a little excited, but I maintained it to myself.The answer I gave was "Hmm okay, can't wait," to which he replied, "Would have been an evening together, by the way, you already have a boyfriend." The question he asked surprised me off my guard, and I responded, "Hum no, that's so awkward to ask,"  I said while making an annoyed face."I would like to go to dinner with you, I mean if you are interested," he stated as he stopped walking.That had been the very first instance I had in my life addressed him in such a way.

When I responded, "Okay GG, it's not like I'm not liking what I'm seeing," he gave me an odd expression.What exactly does that mean,you like me don't you and what does GG mean, please? I responded, "It had been intended to be something silly."It was not that amusing,I thought you were interested in my physics rather than me whatsoever, but it's acceptable. Who is GG tho ? I gave it some thought and answered, "GG it's a nickname for you,because of your eyes" which was followed by his replied, "Ow it's nice of you,we don't even need a date you like me already" chuckling to himself,without turning to face me.We continued to discuss the idea of us dating when we got to the car, but when it became time for me to exit the vehicle and enter the house, we stopped the conversation. He claimed that since he was the one driving,we exchanged phone numbers. He told me he would send me a message as soon as he returned to his residence. 

Later that same night, as I started making noodles, I noticed that he had sent a message to me asking at what moment he would be able to get me so we could go on a date with him. I replied, "Not ever," and to which he replied, "You just crushed what I'm feeling."We communicated over the telephone until 2:45 a.m. throughout the time I had become fatigued . The moment I called him GG . I'm certain that I sensed at that moment how much I thoroughly enjoyed him. I am never going to forget that very first time I affectionately called him GG. In the morning he called me,and we talked all day. We talked about everything and nothing, which was sweet. I learned all about him and he asked me so many questions about what I like and dislike. We never went back to Coney Island. We just thought we should do other things together. I shamelessly loved him from that day forward. It wasn’t bad. We had ups and downs.But we loved each other that’s what matters. Just to say I will never stop loving you Olivier. All the moments we had together are my favorite memories and I’m happy I shared them with you.


The author's comments:

It was my first love, still is. I missed him so much,there is so much I would like to say. I'll have to keep it to myself.