my name matters to me | Teen Ink

my name matters to me

Peyton is like a fine glass of wine, it is a shiny blue tricycle, it sounds like the bang of a drum, and it feels like a smooth carpet. 

If it was a breed of a dog, it would be a golden retriever because it is kind and helpful but there is a little bit of crazy in it. if it was a color, it would be red because of the amount of energy behind the name. if it was a season, it would be fall because the name and fall both have a calming effect

My name can easily be misspelled. There are two spellings of my name. you either do it with an e like Peyton or you can with an a like Payton. I prefer the first spelling which is the way my name is usually spelled. because Payton sounds too nice. and I am not entirely nice so the e kind of gives a little kick to it. 

I know it's just one letter but still, it makes me mad when it is misspelled cause a name is a thing that was engraved in your soul so when it's changed it hurts a little.  Because it has been with you your whole life so when it is changed or is damaged it feels like a piece of your soul is being ripped off.

The name Peyton is like waves of the ocean and just like waves I go with the flow of the day. It is a setting sun bordering on the color red at the top of a mountain. It smells like fresh homemade mac and cheese. and those things remind me of myself because of how calm and peaceful I am as a person. 

The American meaning of the name Peyton is royal, and I like that quite a bit. not because I feel like I am better than everyone else but because it is kind of saying that whoever the name belongs to has the qualities of a royal. like they are honest and selfless and want to help others.

In the end, I think the name Peyton fits me to a tea. The way it flows like waves. It is Like how a setting sun and homemade mac and cheese are peaceful. It is like a royal who wants to help others. I feel like any other name would just not feel right in my soul.

this piece talks about what the name Peyton means and what it represents and I also talk about how I would not choose any other name