Gold Necklace | Teen Ink

Gold Necklace

By sianade17 BRONZE, Lambertville, Michigan
sianade17 BRONZE, Lambertville, Michigan

The big bright smile I have as I walk into my kitchen with all my gifts on my round kitchen table. I see a small box with bright wrapping paper begging to be unwrapped. 

I woke up on this September morning with a burst of joy and excitement. I rush down the stairs, with my feet stomping on my white fluffy carpet. I was dressed in my comfy pj's. As I am approaching my kitchen table, I see all my family gathered around ready for me to sit down. I see all of my gifts stacked one by one on top of each other. I rushed to open the gift, but my parents made me eat some breakfast first. My mom had prepared my favorite breakfast of all time. It was french toast. Not just any french toast. It had a sweet strawberry filling that made my mouth drool. Along with that, I had a glass of orange juice and some crispy bacon. 

As I was sitting in my chair, I was overwhelmed with which present to open up first. There were many boxes. Some were round, some were square, some were small, and some were large. I decided to open up the small box first. It was a small square box with a red ribbon on top. As my arm stretched out across the table, my mom already knew which box I was going for. She had the brightest smile I had ever seen her have. I decided to unseal the ribbon first and open up the square box. What could it be? 

The gold chain necklace has my engraved name in cursive writing. It was such a beautiful gift and my favorite gift of all time. I wear this necklace every single day and never take it off unless I have to. It holds so much value to me and I will always remember that I got this amazing gift on my 16th birthday. 

Every time I look at my necklace, it reminds me of my parents. I am very fortunate to have them both in my life and when I am away from them it will always remind me of them. It holds so much value to me and it will always be on me no matter what.

This is a very important piece of jewelry.