Redeeming Love | Teen Ink

Redeeming Love

May 28, 2009
By TaylorC SILVER, Lubbock, Texas
TaylorC SILVER, Lubbock, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Love. In this world it means many different things. Boyfriend/girlfriend, babies, marriage, kissing, hugging, even even saying goodbye. We twisted it and changed it making it into our own definition. Totally seperate from what God intended. W made into something to be bought for one night or endured for a lifetime. Most don't understand what true love is. Recently I read a book called Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It opened my eyes to what the world has made into...... a business to make money from. I personally struggle with not aving a close friend or boyfriend to call when I am crying at 4am or someone to hug me when I am absolutely dying inside. After I read this book God spoke to me and said,"I am always there for you, I have never left. I hold you every time you cry. I love you so much that I sent my son to die." I was like wow. No matter what circumstance or background you come from he loves you. He forgives you and wants to show us true love. The love that never fades or leaves. Give it a chance. You don't and shouldn't rely on a boyfriend/girlfriend to give you true love becuase they are human. They will mess up sometimes but God will never and has the perfect love. If you are willling to trust someone else with your love then I challenge you to trust God. He will never fail you. Though we may not always understand his will is perfect.


The author's comments:
I am a Christian and recently lost a aunt in a helicopter accident. I struggle but I get through it one day at a time. I hope this inspired you.