Dear Childhood: Thank you. | Teen Ink

Dear Childhood: Thank you.

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

Dear Child Me,

Hi. I know you won't get this, but I’ll imagine you will. So, I don't know when you’re getting this. Maybe I should adress it, dear childhood. I love you. You were a stupid kid but you made me who i am and for that, thank you. 

Do you love you? 

I wish toward the end you did. I can't remember, but i know i sure as heck don't love me now. Not all of me. But I hope you love you. You were beautiful. I’m sorry i've forgotten. And i'm sorry if i let you down.

Hey, word to the wise, start writing. Like, all the time. Poetry and stories. It's worth your time(but please don't tote around 5 page books as if they’re the next american classic). Don't hate poems. Don't hate cats. 

But ignore that last paragraph because i wouldn't change a thing about you, dear childhood. You were perfect, flaws and quirks and all. You made me who i am today, and at the end of the day, even if i think nothing i create or work on has value, i like me. And i love you.

You are so, so beautiful little princess. Jesus loves the little children. Love Jesus. “Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, a sunbeam, Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.” Still true. If you're ‘too old’ to be a sunbeam, no. you aren't. There is nothing wrong with that.

I love you, princess.

-teenage you

alright Lydia, i done it. i am now my own pen pal.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

i only got one.
what the heck is going on tho?
my email might block you, it's a school account, but if it did it would block all your emails.
i dont have time to figure this out today, but tomorrow after school do you want to try and meet on the google doc and type out whats happening real time?

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

Have you been getting my recent emails? I'm scared they aren't sending and that I'm coming off as desperately rude. (But wait...how could you know if you didn't get them?) The last one I sent was today. I'm sorry I sound so chaotic and confusing (but how could I possibly make life confusing? I'm so normal!) I just wanted to let you know I'm OK and not suicidal or anything. Please don't take this personally. I've got to do what I can to keep a friend.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

bwahaha

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

--me

Ok...wow, I wasn't expecting you to follow through on that...now my brain has to wrap itself around this!