Allison | Teen Ink

Allison

By 3jackson GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
3jackson GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Noble one they say. Allison. In it’s German origin. Beauty and pride in the seven individual letters. They are just letters, but yet they describe 16 years of life.

Allison is running through a field, with mountains in the background. The sky is painted as if it is a mural, all the colors you could imagine. Leaves turning, falling. The crisp fall air hissing in your ear. 

A field of flowers. Not just any flowers though. A field of wildflowers. Queen Anne’s Lace. New England Aster. Coneflowers. Flowers that look like a gorgeous dress. Brushing past these beautiful creations as you run through the field. Nothing on your mind other than just being right there. In the moment. A blur of pink, white, yellow, and red flashing through your eyes. 

The number 32. When I think of the number 32, I think of a soft blanket, a sage green, satin dress. The kind a princess would wear in the fairytale movies. Nostalgia rush. Dress up days as a little kid, obsessing over being a princess. All dazzled up in that beautiful dress. Beauty.

Allison. Sounds like the sun. the warm rays beating down on your body. Summer. Times that you wish were endless. Windows rolled all the way down, blasting music, and screaming the song like no one can hear you. Rubbing aloe on your body after being in the sun all day. The cool gel soothes the burn. The best feeling.

But it does have a real story behind it other than this. Sydney, Mackenzie, Madelyn, names that could have been mine. But right as I was born my mom knew what my name would be. “Allison” she said right as she held me in that hospital room in Virginia. 

Seven letters, noble one, in place of beauty and pride. Challenges that have been overcome. Throughout 16 years of life. Allison.