A Twins Anxious Arrival | Teen Ink

A Twins Anxious Arrival

By carlacontreras24 BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
carlacontreras24 BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

There were so many thoughts and emotions I was going through as me and my family were patiently waiting on my twin sisters' arrival. Well let's not say patiently, lets just say that we wanted them here so bad that we counted off the days until the day my mom went in for an induced labor. I was mostly nervous because in a family of 5 going to 7 I will soon have a lot of responsibility on my hands. It was my first time getting to experience a baby in the house since I had 1 older sisters and 1 younger brother, although at the time I was too little to take on responsibility when he was born.  I’ve heard so many stories from our family friends about how tiring but exciting it can be taking care of a baby. Especially not 1 but 2 newborns thats double the work! Knowing this I committed to helping out a lot. Although, now that I realize looking back I had nothing to be scared of. It's a beautiful thing to have twin sisters even though they may have you with extra work just enjoy the journey they give you.

The day finally arrived, the day my twin sisters would be born! Me and my family were going through a rollercoaster of emotions. It was around 5:30 in the morning when my mom and dad were getting prepared to head to the hospital. They had to be there by 6:30 am. I remember my mom coming in my room telling me that they were leaving and they will update me when the babies finally arrived.

I had school that day, so I went back to sleep until it was time to get up and get ready. Around 8 in the morning, my siblings and I  started to get ready for school. My dad came back from the hospital to take us to school. Before we left we facetimed my mom to check up on her; she wasn’t even close to having the babies yet.

All day at school the only thing I could think of is the twins arrival. I was so excited that I told all my friends about it. As you can tell I was so excited. I counted down the hours till the end of the school day. As 4:30 pm got closer I became more and more excited. Afterschool my dad picked me up and took us home while he headed back to the hospital. 

Not long after we finally got the text message. It read “the babies are finally here!” with a photo of them. I was so relieved that everyone was happy, healthy, and safe. Words could not explain the emotions I went through at that exact moment - I was just in shock. Ever since the twins have came into my life our lives changed for the better.