My Perfect Future for the World | Teen Ink

My Perfect Future for the World

When I was younger my dad always had me and my brother go outside with him at night to see the constellations. We would bring out a telescope to look at the moon, and maybe another planet if everything was lined up right. All of the astronomy when I was younger really inspired me, so when I got older I started reading science fiction books. From the books I got early inspiration, except for most of the more dystopian ones, because the non-dystopian books had amazing technology and conveniences that we don’t have. All of that made me feel like I want to do do some of the things that made the world in the book better. So that’s why a goal I have for the future is to help the world grow. The three things I want to do is to help with world problems, to invent new things to improve our world, and to progress faster than we are currently.

I want to help with our world to be a better place for everyone. By creating better ways of doing things, for example cleaner and more efficient ways of energy. By cutting back on oil and other harmful energies such as coal, and promoting things like wind and solar generators. Making these cleaner generators more efficient than other generators that run on oil, because if the cleaner generator is also better, than people are more likely to use them instead. To help in cleaning the oceans of plastic and other junk that can lead to disaster. Last but not least, to provide mass amounts of food and water to those in need. But as well as wanting to improve technology we already have I want to create something new.

I want to invent something new and useful to our world. Something that is unique and useful to our world that others either have not been able to create or never even thought of it, kind of like Edison and his lightbulb. Improving things do help, like for example how computers have gotten so much better than they were say thirty years ago, but yet if we focus only on improving what we have and not what else we can do we will go virtually nowhere and won’t progress any further than just a slightly better phone than the iphone six months ago, and progress is something we need if we are ever to survive as long as possible as a species.

Progressing in technology is something we do all the time yet we have not been doing so very efficiently. To me I think that some companies that create technology like a phone, work on make a better phone than before yet they don’t work on making it truly something better, they always do their improvement one little step at a time and never making it the best they can, for example Apple released the iphone XR a month after releasing iphone XS, with changes to the screen performance, that can only be found if the phone is given a close inspection. This shows how many companies that create and update technology only do it for corporate gain. I have wanted and still want to make things go that extra mile of improvement, for example a company coming out a phone that is very different yet still similar to what it was previously. Making something better is just one way to improve our world, yet there are so many other ways to do so.

Helping the world by cleaning the oceans and preventing poverty are just two among the many things for the world that I want to do, Inventing something brand new that no one else has done, and to help our world progress faster and in a more effective way. All of these are my goals for the future. By doing these things I hope that we, not just me can make our world a better place for everyone. All of this are things that I thought about when I was younger looking up at the stars with my dad, and I hope to do these things when I grow up to adulthood.