Baby Mason | Teen Ink

Baby Mason

I have a little brother named Mason, and he was born in April of last year.  When we went to one of his last doctor's appointments, his doctor thought that he had a heart problem and it was really scary, because the doctor said that we were lucky that he caught it because he probably wouldn't have made it much longer. So just think, a four-week-old baby going into the U of M hospital to have heart surgery because his aorta was shaped like an hourglass.  He was there for a couple weeks, and it was hard to see him because I was in school and I didn't really get to go see him so it was a hard time. I was worried about him making it through everything and barely being there for him which was even sadder.

Everything went well, and he has a little scar in the middle of his chest.  He has the best personality ever and is my favorite. I honestly don't know what I would do without him. He's my best friend and we are super close and will hopefully stay that way forever. He means everything to me. I would not change him for the world. He's my ride or die and he will come before anybody besides my mom, but Mason will forever be in my heart. He can always talk to me about anything. I'm so happy to have him as my brother and have a really close bond with him.

He can be a turkey sometimes, and we may fight sometimes, but he will never be replaced and we will never break our bound. It's unbreakable. Mason is gonna be two this year on April 1st. He's doing so good for his age. He is also a smart little boy and will always have the best style thanks to me.  I love dressing him up, it's so fun and he looks so cute. I can't wait till he gets older, so me and him can actually do things together. We will be so much closer and be able to have fun. I will always have him there when me and my mom don't have any friends to fall back on because he gonna be a real one and nothing's gonna change that. I have so much love built up for such a little person that I just met that I could never have thought I could care about someone so quickly. But I'm happy to call him my brother. I don't know what I would do without him.

He means the world to me and if anything happens to him I know for sure that I will hurt them because I'm not gonna let anything bad happen to that little boy, and I'll always be there for him no matter what. If he gets in trouble, I'll be there so he has someone to talk to instead of getting yelled at. Yeah, I may be mad but he got yelled at so he got what he deserved, so all I can do is be there for him and when he's upset, I'll be there to pick him back up. When he needs help I'll be there. That's my brother and nothing will tear us apart; I'll always be there for him no matter what.

It's about my little brother