Name Essay | Teen Ink

Name Essay

By hunterman2098 BRONZE, Pewuakee, Wisconsin
hunterman2098 BRONZE, Pewuakee, Wisconsin

Jake is interesting. It is by no means necessary unique. If you look at my name through a religious meaning it means “holder of the heel” or “supplanter”. But for me I believe that Jake is a strong name with meaning and authority. Jake Is the name of authority in a crowd of other names.

Jacob is a short, but can be broken into shorter versions. If I don’t want to be Jacob I can be Jake or on rare occasions Jay. The name is not a fancy or out-of-the-ordinary . The name is like a tree in a forest. doesn't stand out but does not go unnoticed.

Jacob by itself does not have a special meaning in my family. That does not mean the name isn't important. Sometimes you have to make your name important. Something that I strive to do.Maybe I’ll be a sports fanatic or a star in the musical arts. but one thing for sure is that jacob may not be a big yet. but one day it could be.

Jacob. It is good. I like it. It shows authority and assertiveness. sometimes a person is born into a name with history, But My name is like a slab of clay. nothing yet but ready to be molded into something amazing.