Andy Freeburg and the Squirrel Girl | Teen Ink

Andy Freeburg and the Squirrel Girl

January 13, 2009
By Anonymous

Andy F is a well known 35-year-old English teacher at ------- High School. He has been voted teacher of the year four years in a row by students, once by the National Honor Society, and once by the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation.
A die-hard fan of punk rock music and skateboarding, Andy is an unexpected character with countless stories to tell.
“Oh yes, I had a crazy ex-girlfriend; she was a nut.”
Andy, 24 at the time, was set up on a blind date in 1997 with a blonde “horse-faced” girl.
“She was just weird. She started to dress like me, you know, like wearing the same clothes that I did and stuff.”
They went on a few dates together and he started to realize just how odd this girl was. But the most interesting part of the story came when he bought a pair of camouflage pants with her.
“It was like Cinderella they fit so perfect.”
When Andy returned from shopping, he decided to put the new pants on to go to an outing. When returned from changing, something strange occurred.
“She just ran out of the house and down the street. Just ran right out. I got in my car and took every possible route that she could have taken to get home, but I couldn’t find her. But when I pulled into my driveway I saw some eyes in my tree. I thought it was a raccoon or something, but no, it was her in my tree!”
When Andy asked what he had done and what was wrong, the girl jumped down out of the tree and ran off down the street again. This time he did not pursue her.
The next morning he called the girl to ask what had happened. He only heard her breathing in the phone. He tried to get her to speak but she continued to be silent. So as a result, Andy hung up. He hasn’t seen or talked to her since.
To this day he has not gone to Mall due to the fact that she used to work there, and he is frightened that he might run into her again.
“She’s just a nut,” he says again.

The author's comments:
This is a piece on a popular English teacher at my school, it may sound rediculous but i assure you that it really happened.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.