That Kid from The Hunger Games | Teen Ink

That Kid from The Hunger Games

November 26, 2012
By Jenna Walters SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Jenna Walters SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Ethan Jamieson from Raleigh, North Carolina, submitted an audition video and landed a role in the new movie The Huger Games. He then spent five weeks on the set filming the movie.

“The Hunger Games is set in the future. North America is divided into 12 districts. To control the districts, the government selects one boy and one girl from each district, called ‘tributes,’ and makes them fight until only one survives,” Jamieson says.

Jamieson says when they were filming the first fight scene when many of the tributes including himself got killed it was pretty intense but they had to work on it for about two weeks until it was perfect.

He said, about his death scene in the movie, he was hiding behind a crate and Cato came and clobbered him in the face.

“They taught me how to do ‘head takes’ which is moving your head back to make it look like you got hit,” he said, “I wasn’t actually hit.”

He said it wasn’t weird watching himself get killed.
“This was my first big-deal movie, so I was just thinking, there I am!”
He said that he and the other tributes became friends quickly.

“We played hide and seek in the hotel, went fishing and swimming, and went out to eat with each other’s families,” he said.

He said they were kind of a prank gang.

One surprising fact, he said, was that there was a lot more food than he suspected.

“I ate too much candy,” he said.
He was also surprised by the speed in which filming ended.

He said it was a really good experience and that at school he’s now known as “The kid from The Hunger Games.”



JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.