Q and A | Teen Ink

Q and A

You're driving along the interstate doing about 75 mph, and all of the sudden you see a baseball
go flying by your vehicle. You wonder where it came from. Then you look in your mirror and
see Zak standing there. Ya that's right, this kid can throw a baseball that moves as
fast as your car! This is a young man who loves America's game, baseball.

What is your full name?

My full name is Zachery W.K..

When is your Birthday?

My birthday is November 6, 1989.

Where were you born?

I was born in Fairbanks, Alaska.

Who are your parents?

My parents are Randy and Kim Kampmann.

Do you have any siblings, and if so what are their names?

I have one brother named Tyler and a sister, Gabrielle.

What is your favorite food?

My favorite food is chicken Alfredo.

What is your favorite childhood memory?

My favorite memory from my childhood would have to be going to Hershey Park and ridding
all of the different rides.

Tell us a little about the places that you have lived?

I don't really remember much from when I lived in Fairbanks or Rapid City. After these two places we moved to Lebanon, PA. Here I went to Henry Houck, to the first grade. I lived about ten minutes away from Hershey, PA. The Hershey factory is located in Hershey, PA. I then moved to Elkton when I was in the second grade.

Who is your role model?

My role models in my life are my parents.

What do you do in your spare time?

In my spare time I enjoy playing sports, playing PS3, and going to games with friends.

What is your favorite high school memory?

My favorite high school memory is in my Junior year when we went to the dome to play in the state championship for football.

What will you miss most about high school?

I will miss hanging out with my friends the most!

If you could do high school over again, what would you do differently?

I would take a P.E. class to make my day a little easier, no offense to Mr. Swenson.

What is your favorite sport?

My favorite sport is easily baseball.

What is your favorite sports memory?

My favorite sports memory is this past summer when I was playing baseball for Flandreau. It

came in the eighth inning; it was a clutch situation against Madison. I was up to bat with Ben

Parsley at first, a hit run was called. This means that I had to make contact with the ball because

Ben was going to go on the pitch. The pitch came and I smashed a double out to the left center.

Ben scored, but we still lost, in the last inning of a great game.

What are your plans after high school?

After high school I will enroll at Penn State University Park to work towards my degree in
computer engineering.

What do you plan to major in in college?

I plan to major in computer engineering

What do you wish to pursue a career in someday?

I would like to be a software engineer for a top company.

Are you involved in any other school activities?

I am the vice president of the Elkton FFA Chapter. I play the tuba in the band. I am also i
involved in football, basketball, chorus, and golf.

Do you have any words of wisdom to the underclassmen?

The harder you work when you're younger, the easier things come when you're older.

If you wrote a book that started with the first letter of you name, what would it be?

I would call it Zak Kampmann: The true Story. This would be my autobiography of my vast
experiences.

If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?

I would invest it into different funds.

What will you miss most about home after graduating?

I will miss my family and friends. I will also miss those days on the golf course when Alex Glover thinks he is actually Tiger Woods and shoots a 60... on nine holes.