Humans of Parsippany | Teen Ink

Humans of Parsippany

February 5, 2024
By SukritiMavuri2305 BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
SukritiMavuri2305 BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 “If I was brought up under my parents' security I would've gotten a  better education. But since I was not, I couldn't continue to get an education. My mother died when I was 11 and before I was mature enough to understand what was happening so I couldn’t develop a relationship with her. My father absconded when I was 3. If I was brought up by my parents I would’ve had a funner childhood and gotten better education. Because my mom died when my age was 11 and my father left when I was 3 years old I frequently missed my parents’ love and affection and I couldn't get to know them much. I see kids ignoring their studies or their parents and I get sad because there are many kids who yearn for their parents’ love or education but don’t get it just like me. I consider not being able to get higher education to be the saddest event. I loved to study but I didn’t have any financial support to study and it was very hard to get knowledge as there was no technology, there were only dictionaries, guides, and notes prepared by teachers which I couldn’t afford. There are many more resources for this generation but they don’t take advantage of it to get knowledge, instead they misuse it so they don’t need to work. Instead take advantage of the ability to use technology to get educated and gain knowledge.” (Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh, India).


The author's comments:

This was written for a project named "Humans of Parsippany" 


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.