My inspiration, my guide and my father. | Teen Ink

My inspiration, my guide and my father.

He comes at me and says “ Quieres ir a jugar ” (1), when I said no he said “ Entonces ponte a estudiar, por que tu tienes todas las facilidades de estudiar ” (2)or “ No desperdicies el tiempo, porque el tiempo es para estudiar y superarse, no quiero que seas como tu abuelo, que no pudo superarse.”(3) He is a teacher, but his way to become a teacher wasn’t as easy as you think; however, he will always be there for everyone, he will said “ No se preocupe ya verá como se resuelve todo.”(4) No matter if people is poor or rich. He cares about everyone. Everytime I go to Mexico people will say to me “ Me saludas al profe. Martin”(5) and “ Le dices a tu papa que lo invitamos a comer.” (6) Even though he has a career and everyone likes him, it wasn’t like that when he was young, he had to survive with hard work

He is a tall, strong, determined, joyful, careful, intelligent, brave and honest man. He grew up in a small town called Coeneo in Michoacan, Michoacan. He was the youngest brother of all, and the one who had to work the most. When he was just 6 or 7 his brothers left and came to the United States, he was left with her sisters and parents. Even though he didn’t have a lot of money to go to school he worked for it. In the morning he would wake up and go look after his family’s cows  and went to give food to the pigs, after he would go and take a shower to go to school. When he came back from school he will go play basketball with his friends, when he came back from playing basketball he would study for his classes. He always have been a leader, when it comes to education, he had only 10 (that is an A) and rarely 9 (that is a B). He didn’t have opportunities to go to school, because his sister wanted him to work, she didn’t like the idea that he go to school, and she decided not  to help him with his education, he had to work for his education, he didn’t have new notebooks, a backpack, pencils, pens or erasers, he would write with a tiny piece of pencil. He would always be in the Honor roll, he was the best when it comes to study in his school. When he was in university, he had to work even harder for his education.

After finishing his career, he worked as a teacher in different communities and towns.  The one he is working in right now is Chucandiro. While he was a teacher, he always tried to get some programs from the mayor of that community. Why does he love politics? There is only one reason; he loves politics because he promised to his father, to become the mayor of his town and help people who work as  farmers. When he became the mayor, he cried and smiled at everyone. That day all people wanted to say hi and hug  him, and one of them was a dirty old man, he didn’t care that he was dirty, he still hug him. He became the mayor, but he didn’t change, even though he had power. The first year was hard for him, because everyone looked at him in his town as one the farmers. He didn’t care, about what they said about him, the only thing he cared  about was helping other farmers, because he knew what it feels like to be a farmer and work hard every day. He was happy to have the opportunity to help  his own people. While he was mayor, he saw many things; he saw people with cacer, with disabilities to walk, writer, talk or even see. As he saw all this, he work even harder to bring programs, doctors how could possible help them.

What happen while he was a mayor always a problem, because there will be always people who critic him. This people where sometimes the ones who he gave him help, why? because they just didn’t like the idea that he was the mayor. He had been a honest person, he always prefers friendship instead of money. Even now that he is not the mayor anymore people still said that he is just another mayor who didn’t help at all. While other people said that he is the mayor who had help the most to the town, and even now that he is not the mayor anymore he still helps people. When I go to walk with him, people will said hi to him or even talk to him about the problems they have now. He likes to be friendly, because he said that friends are much better than money. No matter what is going to happen, he doesn’t want to be mayor again; they why is simple, because he complete his promise at one cost, his son left to another country. He didn’t want to accept it, but after a time, he decide this wasn’t bad. He understood that now that his son was far away he had to give him advice about life, and who to success in life.

Martin or as I call him papá has been there for me and for people who needs him. He is faraway from me, but he will be there whenever I need him to help me with my problems. He couldn’t be better, whenever I challenge him to play a game, he will find a way to beat me on any game. He will always give me examples of how to win, but when i try them he will make a new stragety to win, He is not the smartest person in the world, but he is smart enought to  help people throught difficult situations. After his life as a farmer, he dicided to become someone who could help his town, friends, and the most important thing his familiy. His family is the most important thing in his life. To him everything is after familiy, because there  is only one reason that give him strenght; give his family the opportunities that he didn’t have before.

From growing up poor, to become a teacher, and a mayor, he faced challenges like been poor, and had to work for pay his education. Because he wanted, to be someone for his family, he wanted to prove everyone that he could success too.

1.- You want to go to play?

2.-  Then go study, because you have all the oportunities to study.

3.- Then do something, because time is for studying and be a success in life, i dont want you to be like your grandfather.

4.- Don’t worry about it, you will find the solution.

5.- say hi to the teacher Martin.

6.- Tell your dad that we invite him for dinner.