The Greatest Basketball player of All Time | Teen Ink

The Greatest Basketball player of All Time

March 7, 2013
By Eric Diaz BRONZE, Round Lake, Illinois
Eric Diaz BRONZE, Round Lake, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When I think about Michel Jordan, I think about him being a huge inspiration to me because i love watching basketball and I have been a huge Bulls fan my whole life. He will also be the greatest basketball player to ever step on the court. He has great determination which led him to be such an amazing basketball player and to have really good stats. Also, his stats led to many awards throughout his career. Nobody will ever be as good as Michael Jordan and I just wish that I was old enough to actually see him play when he played in the NBA.

Before Michael Jordan played in college and in the NBA, he played for his High school team and tried out for the varsity team when he was only a sophomore. Unfortunately he did not make the team but that did not stop him from pursuing his dream and to become the greatest basketball player of our generation. A quote from him is “I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed”. When Michael Jordan was first drafted into the Chicago Bulls in 1984, he was 6’6” and weighed 216 lbs. Throughout his NBA career he’s had amazing stats. His rookie year in 1984, he averaged 28.2 points per game which is incredible for a rookie. For six consecutive years, in between 1986 and 1993, he averaged over 30 points per game to lead the entire team. All of this hard work shown in his stats has led to great accomplishments and many awards.

Throughout Michael Jordan’s career, all of his hard work has paid off and he has won many awards. In just his rookie year, he not only won rookie of the year, but he also won Most Valuable Player for the all-star game. This is tough to win because all of the best players in the league play in the all-star game and they have been playing way longer than Michael Jordan. Also, out of the fifteen years he has been playing, he has won the MVP of the season five times. During his career with the Chicago Bulls, he has led us to six championships and won them all. For those championships, he has also won the MVP award for all of them too. He has also been chosen to play in the All-Star game every single year of his NBA career and won three MVP’s for them. Last but not least, Michael Jordan has been the NBA leading scorer ten out of his fifteen years playing.

Michael Jordan has been an amazing athlete throughout his career and nobody and also a huge inspiration to me. His dedication and determination played a huge role for him becoming the greatest athlete. I believe that Michael Jordan will always be the greatest basketball player to ever step on the court.


The author's comments:
I wrote about Michael Jordan because I have been a huge Bulls fan my whole life and he was the one who led us to 6 championships.