Musician: John Lennon | Teen Ink

Musician: John Lennon MAG

In this hellish world we have created through ignorance, few people have had thecourage to get their point across. If it isn't what the public wants, they stayquiet. One man had the courage to do what he could to show everyone they can makea difference, and he got them to give peace a chance.

Born October 9,1940, John Winston Lennon was sent to live with his aunt. He grew up quite arebel, and never accepted what he was told as the truth. He was a bornleader.

As John grew, his love for music and spreading peace did, too. Hewas introduced to Paul McCartney and George Harrison, and it was then that thetrue magic began. John became a real activist; supported by The Beatles, hebecame ruthlessly, publicly honest. When he talked, the world listened. TheBeatles became superstars, but John never lost his realness. He continued tostrive to teach the world, and succeeded. His solo album "Imagine"showed the world how wonderful it could be. The album was a huge success, andpeople begged to see exactly what John had been trying to say. He put oncountless charity concerts and, through his music, united the world. His effectwas remarkable, as he and his wife devoted themselves to showing the world howwonderful peace and love are. The song "Give Peace a Chance" istimeless. The minds of the world were opened. But with so many fans, he alsogained enemies.

John was tragically murdered at the age of 40 as he lefthis apartment in New York City. Like all heroes, however, John's death was not invain. What is so amazing about him is that his words continue to affect peopleeven after his death. Because he freed the world of its fear to love, John Lennonis truly a hero.

catty98e GOLD said...
catty98e GOLD, Spring HIll, Kansas

"I'm a freak, I've been a freak my whole life. I just have to live with it, you know. I'm just one of those people. I'm not going to change the way I think or the way I feel to conform to anything."
-John Winston Lennon (1940-1980)

This is really beautiful, good job. John Lennon has always been my role model and as I always say, "The irony of Johns death is that such a peaceful man had to die in a violent way..." Return If Possible, John