Medical Missionary Charles Dietzen, MD | Teen Ink

Medical Missionary Charles Dietzen, MD MAG

By Anonymous

     "We weren't all born to be doctors and nurses, but we were all born to be healers." - Dr. Chuck

Dr. Charles Dietzen (Chuck to his patients) has dedicated his life to helping others. He travels the world caring for complete strangers, and is not only an inspiration to me but also the thousands of people he helps. He shows compassion, love and dedication to everyone he meets.

Dr. Chuck named his medical missionary after his deceased brother and started the Timmy Foundation in 1997 because he realized how many children need medical attention. With the Timmy Foundation, Dr. Chuck and other medical professionals travel the world with the goal of providing health care and medical resources to those in need, even going so far as to build small hospitals. This is a wonderful project, not only because it saves lives, but also because it restores hope. Most of these children live where they have never been able to see a doctor. Some don't even know what a toothbrush is. Parents and relatives, too, are grateful for his life-saving gifts.

Dr. Chuck is an amazing person, always thinking of others because of the satisfaction he gets from helping. Dr. Chuck was first inspired by Mother Teresa, whom he met. She told him, "We can do no great things, only simple things with great love." That's exactly what this doctor does; everything, even the simplest actions, radiate his love. Dr. Chuck does all his work through Christ; you could even say that he is following in His footsteps by proclaiming God's word and healing people both physically and spiritually.

Dr. Chuck refuses to give up, no matter how bad the odds. One girl, Margie Luna, a student at my school, especially touched his heart. When Margie was dying of cancer, her wish was to go on one of his mission trips. She spent her last few weeks helping others in Ecuador. After she died, Dr. Chuck named a wing of a hospital he was building there after her.

Dr. Chuck shows compassion, love and dedication in his work. He travels the world to improve others' lives, and shows devotion toward all his patients.He travels from school to school in the U.S. teaching students about being missionaries and healers. We are all called to be healers. Dr. Chuck heals people both physically and spiritually. He makes a difference. Do you?