Mother: Wanda S. | Teen Ink

Mother: Wanda S. MAG

By Anonymous

     My hero is kind, thoughtful and caring; she is my mother. From childhood right through to my teenage years, my mom has been there for me. She dealt with many problems including divorcing my dad, being single and raising three kids, and remarrying. She has had many struggles but still manages to be the person I look up to the most.

When I was three years old, my parents divorced. At that age most kids don’t remember much, but I clearly remember the day my dad left. My mom made him leave because she discovered he had been unfaithful when she was pregnant with my little brother. Witnessing the fighting was the last time I saw my mom and dad together; from then on I would only have a mom.

After my dad left, my mom was on her own to raise three girls, with my little brother on the way. The only way she could afford to take care of us was to stay at home and watch other people’s children, too.

As I grew older I began to realize how much my mom did for me. She was the only person I had to look up to. At three, I didn’t understand why my dad was never around. My mom was the only one so she meant everything to me; she was my hero.

Two years later she found someone new and so my world changed again - from having a dad, to losing a dad, and then gaining a stepdad. Since I was only six, it was difficult for to me to have someone take my mom away from me.

Eleven years have passed and now I’m used to sharing my mom with my stepdad. Although he’s part of my life, he will never come close to the relationship my mother and I have. She knows when I’m holding in how I feel and when I say nothing is wrong, she knows that really there is.

My mom always knows what to say and how to make me understand when I do something wrong. The words “I love you” come out of her mouth every day, often followed by calling me her princess. She always tells me to make her proud and says, “Don’t make your mama cry!”

My mom is the only person who has ever been there for me. She is a terrific person whom I will always look up to. Without her I couldn’t make it. She is my hero and nothing will ever come between us, no matter what.