Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles | Teen Ink

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

By Cole Peebler BRONZE, Kent, Washington
Cole Peebler BRONZE, Kent, Washington

The best archetypal heroes I could think of to write about in my essay were the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They aren’t ordinary turtles. When they were born, they crawled into some toxic chemicals that made them grow twice as fast as normal. Only they kept growing until they were as big/tall as a human being. They were still green and had their shells, but they also were being trained in ninjitzu by a giant rat named Splinter. Theirs names are, Donatello, Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Raphael.

Donatello or Donny wears the purple bandana of the 4 brothers. He wields a bo staff and is considered the smartest among his brothers. He is also into science and technology when he has his free time in their home in the sewers. He, like his brothers, isn’t too known by their city but they do help to keep every day criminals out of the city.

Leonardo or Leo is my favorite turtle of the 4. He wears the blue bandana and uses 2 ninja swords, also called katanas. He is called the leader of the team but receives the most discipline. He’s is my favorite of the turtles because he wears my favorite color and uses my favorite weapon out of the 4.

Michelangelo or Mikey, wears the orange bandana and wields the nunchucks. He is known to be more fun-loving than his brothers. He is my least favorite of the 4, but I’m only saying that because I don’t know what else to write about him.

Raphael or Raph, wears the red bandana of the 4 brothers. He uses the two daggers and can be seen as the tallest compared to his 3 brothers. He is also known for being the most aggressive. There is a somewhat turbulent relationship between him and his brother Leo. He is most likely to experience extremes of emotion.

I chose the Ninja Turtles as my heroes because not only are turtles one of my favorite animals, but they are my favorite animals wearing some of my favorite colors. The movie was somewhat funny because these turtles are sitting in the sewers talking to a giant rat, who is also their master. They are all tall like a human, but they are all also green and have shells like a turtle. They are all trained to use certain weapons and fight crime to protect their area of the city.