Because of my Mom | Teen Ink

Because of my Mom

November 18, 2009
By Claire_Milan PLATINUM, Waldorf, Maryland
Claire_Milan PLATINUM, Waldorf, Maryland
29 articles 1 photo 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love that we cannot have is the one that lasts the longest, hurts the deepest, and feels the strongest because True Love cannot be found where it truly doesn't exist nor can it be hidden where it truly does."---A wise young man


One of the most influential teachers I've had is my mother. She began teaching me when I was four years of age. My parents told me that from birth they wanted me to have the best education possible and for that reason, my mom left her career to come home to raise me and teach me according to God's standards. I believe that one of the reasons my mom was compelled to return home was because neither she nor my dad received a college education because their parents couldn't afford it. I am also the youngest and have three grown brothers and a sister who never attended college as well.


My mom has always encouraged me to do my best in all things, even those outside of school. My parents showed me how rewarding it can be to help someone in need through their giving to others. Because of my upbringing, I have numerous advantages over my peers with my outlook on life, but especially in the academic arena. This has taught me how to acquire excellent study habits, and vast knowledge about many areas of life. Due to the dedication of my parents, I have learned to push myself to take hold of the challenges of life and consequently my desire to be a college graduate assures me so much more than a six-figure career. It will ultimately fulfill my aspirations to take care of my parents as they grow older and help others in need.