my mother | Teen Ink

my mother

November 5, 2009
By emjay1216 SILVER, Eugene, Oregon
emjay1216 SILVER, Eugene, Oregon
6 articles 3 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
Often times, the test of courage is not to die, but to live.
~ Vittorio Alfieri


my mom is my hero. she is totally my role model. she is a tree. the wind blows but she doesnt fall because she is so rooted in her ways. not only that, she is a safe place from the rain of this world, and place to rest in the sunny days.
my mom is a survivor of breast cancer, she has adopted 29 children of all different abilities and talents from all around the world. my father was diagnosed with demetia about 2 years ago. the stress of being 63 with 13 kids still at home without their father was hard on her but she knew that god would help her throught it. i miss my daddy too, but he was my mothers best friend and i know she misses him terribily. she hates it when she will be talking to someone about our family and she will start talking about daddy, and tears will well up in her eyes, and she will apologize. she doesnt have to because strong people show their feelings freely, i think.
she is a fighter and survor who loves life and never gives up. my relatoinship with her has improved in the last few months though i still mess up sometimes, but i dont wanna give up either.


“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
~ unknown