What the Flag Means to me | Teen Ink

What the Flag Means to me

By Chase-W GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Chase-W GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

FRA

Everyday whether it’s driving or walking past a home, I usually see the American flag, blowing majestically through the wind. The flag for each person in the United States may mean something different, but overall the flag has the same meaning for everyone.

As we stand and listen or sing the National Anthem, holding our hat behind us if wearing one, we think of all the soldiers who fought for our country’s freedom and thank them for what they have done. Thanking them for the freedom they have brought us.

When at a professional sports game, sometimes the big flag is held on the court or field. The energy of everyone singing the National Anthem unbelievably amazing. The American flag brings each and every one of us together.

The only close relationship I have with someone who has served is my Grandpa as a drill sergeant. The loud and energetic job of the US Army. His responsibility as a drill sergeant was beyond important with preparing the soldiers for what was next.

The American Flag to me has a lot of different meanings. The flag has similar meaning to others who stand with the flag. It represents the land of the free and the home of the brave. The many who have served to protect us and make sure our life we live is easier. The flag to me represents our country’s freedom. 

What the American Flag means to me.