My Hero | Teen Ink

My Hero

By jaiden04 BRONZE, Centerville, Ohio
jaiden04 BRONZE, Centerville, Ohio

Everybody is asked one day who their hero is rather it is from a teacher, a friend or even grandparents. It is a question to think about. I have been thinking about who my hero is since the day I was first asked that question “Who is your hero?” I have finally come to a conclusion about who my hero is. My hero is my mom. I will tell you why my mom is my hero and how much she has really helped me through some tough decisions in my life as all mothers are supposed to do but I feel like I am a lucky person to have such a great role model in my life. We may not always get along but I know that even when I do something that she doesn't agree with she will be there every step of the way and help me.

My mom is my hero because when I was young my mom and dad got divorced and she has gone through some hard times but she has never given up on me. My mom has been there every step of the way from my first steps to the first time I started playing soccer, going to school for the first time, playing volleyball and everything in between. She has been to every single one of my games when she could go and do something else. I always enjoy seeing her up in the crowd and knowing that she is proud of me. She has made up for my dad not being in my life and I want her to know that I do appreciate her and that she makes me so happy and I am glad that I got blessed with such a great mother. We may not get along all the time but even when we do get into arguments I know that she is just trying to do what is best for me. I know sometimes that my mom thinks that she hasn't always been the best mom but when it comes to looking at it she does to a lot of stuff and she has raised me great and I hope that she knows that I do appreciate her even if I don't let her know that I do. 

These past couple of years have been hard on my mom and me have been through a lot together but in the end, it has brought us together even more. She was there to help me get help when I had really bad and anxiety and to get me through being bullied by people that were making fun of me because I had been so sick 6 and 7th grade but she never gave up on me and she always took me to the doctor which I am appreciative for. She makes up for everything that my dad doesn't buy she tries her hardest to make the money so that she can afford to buy whatever she needs to buy for me and I am thankful for that. Another reason that my mom is also my hero is that she has paid for me to play club volleyball for the past 3 years and has paid for it when she doesn't have to. She sits at all my tournaments and watches me play and cheers me on but at the end of the day I know that even if I lose that volleyball game that she is always there to tell me that I did a good job and that we can just play harder next time against them and nothing would compare to losing her I would lose a million volleyball matches just keep her in my life. She means so much to me even if I don't show her every day and I get on her nerves I hope that she knows that she is my hero and that I do look up to her and that I want to grow up to be just like her an independent and very giving person. She does so much for me and for others before she takes care of herself. 

So these are the reasons that I call my mom my hero. From my first steps to the first time I played soccer, to my first day of school, playing volleyball, and even this year as I enter into high school and every step in between she has been there that is why my mom is my hero. 

I love you mom and I hope that you will always know that and that even though I may act ungrateful at times that I am always grateful for you and that you are the best mom that I could ever ask for. 

This piece is for my mom so she knows how much she means to me and how much she really has been my hero throughout my entire life.