Veteran Letter | Teen Ink

Veteran Letter

By Sway SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Sway SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Dear Veteran,

I recently watched the Honor Flight movie and I wish to write to you because of the impact that Veterans have on the world by showing examples of selflessness and bravery to this generation and will continue to show to many more generations to come. I know that the Honor Flights are a way of thanking Veterans in a way that they might not have ever been thanked before. It is also a way to recognize and show gratitude to Veterans for their sacrifice and patriotism. I don’t know any Veterans personally but I have the utmost respect for any person who is willing to put their life on the line for others.

My name is Nicholas P. I am a 17-year-old and I’m a junior in high school. After high school, I am playing lacrosse in college and aspire to go to the professional level. It has never crossed my mind to join the military. It sounds interesting and something that I might be interested in when it is all said and done. My father had thoughts and aspirations about joining the military but didn't pursue this because he had met my mother. No words can describe the sacrifice that you have made for this country. You are truly special for all of the things that you have done as a soldier and as a symbol to all those around you. I would love to hear back from you if you have time.

I thank you for your service. For your example of what it means to be brave. For laying your life out on the line for your country. For making an impact on the world today. I thank you. Welcome home.

Sincerely,

Nicholas P.

This is my veteran letter