Anne Frank, A Hero | Teen Ink

Anne Frank, A Hero

By KELCEY33 BRONZE, Circleville, Ohio
KELCEY33 BRONZE, Circleville, Ohio

Anne Frank is one of the strongest people to walk on this earth. Anne had to go through so much in such a short amount of time and she showed us a look into a day in the life of a Jew in hiding.  She impacted us today by allowing the people to read her stories of when she was in hiding. It allowed people to get a better understanding of everything that happens to the Jews and the Negative impact Hitler had. Anne Frank is a hero and truly impacted the world as we know today.

On June 12, 1929 a girl named Anne Frank was born. Anne was a Jewish girl that grew up in Germany with her sister Margot, and her parents Otto and Edith Frank.  For the first few years of Anne’s life she was comfortable and happy, but everything changes once Hitler started taking control. The Jews were treated very poorly and it was hard for them to enjoy life. In the period that Anne was growing up in Hitler was growing and gaining more and more supporters. Hitler and his supporters hated jews like Anne and her family. Hitler blamed the Jews for all the problems the country was having. Hitler was causing Jews to lose their home and jobs. With Hitler hating the jews and the bad economic status at the times Anne’s decide to move to a better place, Amsterdam. While in Amsterdam Otton, Anne’s dad founded a company that traded a gelling agent for making jam. In Amsterdam Anne and her family got comfortable, Anne made new friends,went to a new school, and learned the language they spoke. Anne’s dad’s business was finally getting off the ground when he started herbs and spices. After a while when Anne was ten years old the Nazi Germany invaded the Netherlands as well as Poland. This caused the second war to begin which was not good for Jews like Anne. Five days into the war the Dutch army surrendered, this allowed Nazis to enforce strict and harsh laws for Jews. Some of these laws that Jews had to go through were, Jews could not visit parks, cinemas and some parks. Jews were not able to visit a lot of places and Jewish kids like, Anne were forced to go to schools separate from non-Jewish kids. As a result as these new rules Anne’s dad lost his company that he put hard work into. Anne’s family feared that they would be captured and forced to be sent to a camp like many other Jews were having to do. One day Anne’s mom got a letter to report to a labor camp. Anne’s family was very suspicious about this camp and decided to go into hiding in order to escape being forced to work at a camp like the other Jews.

Anne’s dad found a hiding spot and started furnishing it, their hiding spot was an annex behind the warehouse where Anne’s dad had once owned his business. The house was completely blacked out and had a back secret entrance that no one knew about. Anne’s family as well as four other people that use to work with Anne’s dad were all cramped into the small space. They had to keep very quiet and Anne was not allowed to leave the hiding spot or go outside for nearly two years. The hiding spot was not somewhere you would want to live, their was almost no room to move around, it was very dark, and Anne was often afraid of what was going on outside or what could happen to her or her family. In order to pass time and escape from what was going on around her Anne wrote in a diary

Enjoy this report of a hero named Anne Frank