Thanking a Veteran | Teen Ink

Thanking a Veteran

May 2, 2019
By veronicab123 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
veronicab123 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Hello and Welcome Home Dear Veteran,


As I am making decisions for my future and what I am planning on doing after leaving Arrowhead High School, it amazes me that you chose the path of sacrificing your life for everyone living in the United States of America. I can not even begin to imagine the amount of dedication it must take to serve your country. As I look forward to my future, I will be sure to tell my kids about the bravery you had and I know that you will be one of their role models, because you are one of mine. You have given so many sacrifices in your life and I hope I can make you proud everyday by being a respectable American. I am proud of this country and I am proud of you.


It is to my knowledge that your welcome home was not the one you deserve. So let me say this, welcome home. Welcome home to a nation that supports and commends your bravery and on behalf of everyone living in this country, your immense perseverance is everything to us. You have given me and everyone here the opportunity to not live in fear and to be able to have independence. The intense effort you have given is something that I will be eternally grateful for, I hope you know that.


I hope that someday I could hear some stories that you would be willing to share about your experiences. I wish I could hand this to you in person, I hope that your trip in DC is everything and more you hoped it would be. As you land, know that we all care about all of the sacrifices and bravery you have shown.