Why I’m Thankful for America’s Veterans | Teen Ink

Why I’m Thankful for America’s Veterans

May 2, 2019
By RayR BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
RayR BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Veteran,


Thank you for everything you have done for this country. The obstacles you have had to face and the tasks that you had to do for this country make it worth my gratitude. I haven’t had to face the hardships or struggles that you have had to. It makes it even harder especially since you did this at such an early stage in your lifetime. All of these obstacles show your true commitment to our country. Looking back through the journey you have experienced inspires me to use the strength you did. I want to thank you for your service and commitment to your country.


My class and I first got introduced to the Honor Flight by watching several videos on the work that goes behind it. I have thought about being shipped overseas for a war, but have never had to witness or experience it. I can’t imagine the emotion or the reactions of being drafted and being told you are fighting in a war. You went against some of the hardest tasks possible and survived. You are a true image of what this country represents, be proud of what you did and who you are.


Some of my relatives have served in the military. The stories they tell about their time involved in it, is very interesting. I know that the experiences they went through has truly shaped them to the people they are today. I know this is the same with you: you are different because of the experiences you participated in. I hope you had a great journey and experience on the Honor Flight because you deserve it. The country admires your service like I do.


Lastly, thank you for your service. Know that everyday you are appreciated by this country and its people. The hardships that you faced for your country should be honored. It is because of you this country is strong. So, with all this said, “Welcome Home.”