Thank You, Veteran | Teen Ink

Thank You, Veteran

January 4, 2019
By SMainer6 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
SMainer6 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Wisconsin Veteran,

I would first like to thank you for your courage, bravery and service to our country. I am proud to be an American and it is because of people like you who have fought for our country.  You are appreciated and you deserve recognition for serving our country.


My name is Sam, and I am a junior in Hartland, Wisconsin.  I had the opportunity to watch the Honor Flight movie,in my Creative Writing class and I was left inspired by the veteran’s experiences on the Honor Flight. I bet your experience  was like a rollercoaster going through Vietnam/Germany. I can’t even imagine all of the emotions you went through and continue to go through today. At the age of 17, I am trying to figure out what I want to do after high school, and you were just about to enlist into the military.  That is a huge sacrifice, putting your life on hold, to fight and serve our country. We all appreciate the amount of work you have done to get America the way it is now. Because of you guys, I can live the life I want.


I hope you enjoy your day and receive the warm welcome that you so deserve. You’re awesome, and you are a very great person.


I truly thank you for the hard work you have done for our country; you’ve seen so many things, I’ve seen things, but more importantly, you’ve seen so many things more than I have.  I hope everyone would thank you the same as I have, and I really wish I could know you more than just talking through a piece of paper like I am now.


Sincerely,

      Sam