Thank You, Veteran | Teen Ink

Thank You, Veteran

January 4, 2019
By Whole_note SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Whole_note SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Veteran,

I am writing you this letter to say thank you for your service. To say thank you for letting me have the life I live today. To thank you and your fellow soldiers for having the courage and bravery to fight for this country. There is only so much the textbooks can tell you. You are living history, and your story is important.


My name is Julia. For my future i want to go into some field of music or music pedagogy. This past year i have been getting a ton of college letters from their music departments. And i have actually gotten a letter from the USMC band program seeing if i was interested. To think, around this time for you, you were considering going into the military. It takes bravery and courage to go into this field at such a young age. You have so many more experiences, stories, and adventures than a lot of people. Some are good, others bad, but they are what make you who you are, A Hero. What is your favorite story you tell?


Not only am i thankful for you service, i am grateful and admire everything you along with your fellow soldiers have done for the United States of America. Your courage and will power to protect the country is beyond words. You truly are the reason we are the land of the free, and the home of the free.