Christie Klun-Business Law | Teen Ink

Christie Klun-Business Law

By Lane Grigg GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Lane Grigg GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

A wife, teacher, and daughter; these are a few things she is to people. Out-going, talkative, and stylish is what her students know her as. Mrs. Christie Klun has her own unique, interesting and engaging teaching style that makes her stand out from the rest.
Her main focus is her children: Ethan and Eli. I feel part of her family by how much she talks about them and her husband, Dan. She will call him during class just to say, 'Hi'. She will also ask him for advice during a morning lecture of Business Law.
She has a creative mind that allows her to teach four other classes including Business Law, In-Design, Desktop Publishing, and Yearbook. Even though she has a busy schedule with Yearbook and grading tests and quizzes, she maintains time for her family at home. All her stories about her children make her classes interesting and entertaining, since she gets so into the stories. She told us was about Ethan peeing the bed because he didn't want to get out of bed and about Ethan's sayings 'What the' to his grandmother. All of these stories allowed our relationship to be stronger and for me to know her not only as a teacher, but as a mentor and role-model.
Some people don't understand her personality, but once you get to know her humor, it is something worth sitting down listening to. Her uplifting and energizing personality makes her students strive to their fullest ability since she encourages and respects all her students.
One time in class, we were learning how to use the different tools in In-Design; this allowed me to show my artistic ability, she was instructing us at a slow place in order for me to follow along. When she teaches us, her speaking is clear and understandable. She can communicate well with such a big crowd.
She is always willing to take time and say 'Hi' or 'Good morning' no matter what she is doing. Mrs. Christie Klun is a teacher that has fantastic values that should be recognized for her outstanding performance at Arrowhead High School.