Mrs. Simon, My Favorite English Teacher of All TIme | Teen Ink

Mrs. Simon, My Favorite English Teacher of All TIme

By Ritsue_Hanako BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Ritsue_Hanako BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

"fear is not evil it tells you what your weakness is and once you know your weakness you can become stronger as well as kinder." ~GIldarts Clive from Fairy Tail

Don’t you wake up in the morning to the loud annoying BEEP! BEEP! of your alarm clock? Don’t you just hate going to school? Well my 8th grade English teacher at Skyline Middle School, Mrs. Simon, always made me feel like I wanted to be at school. She made feel like I actually wanted to go to school. Mrs. Simon was always in a cheery mood whenever you saw her. Her enthusiasm was so contagious; she could make the grumpiest old man act like a little kid again. She was the best, and still is the best, teacher I’ve ever had, so I nominate Mrs. Simon for the Educator of the Year Award.
Mrs. Simon is a kind, an understanding person and it’s really hard to get her mad. When she’s teaching a subject, she doesn’t get off a topic. If she does, whatever she talks about always has some relation to what we were learning. She always has a positive attitude when she’s teaching and loves her job. When she’s teaching, she adds funny things or examples from parts of a movie to helps us remember hard-to-remember concepts or vocabulary words that we were having trouble with. She makes sure that all of her students are comfortable with the concepts. If we aren’t, then she keeps going with the concept until we are comfortable and ready to move on.
When Mrs. Simon is teaching, she knows what she is talking about, and she always comes prepared with an explanation. It’s like she rehearsed in front of a mirror or something! Everything she explains is so clear and easy to understand. She motivates her students and her co-workers as well. She motivated us when we were taking our DCAS tests and when we were applying for high schools. She is very helpful when it comes to assignments where you have no clue how to start or what to say. I remember this one time when I asked her for her help to write an essay for a high school that I really wanted to go to. Even though it was her lunch time, she sat down next to me at her desk and started interrogating me. She asked me questions like why I wanted to go to the school, what I could accomplish in the future if I went to the school and many other questions as well. When she did this she pulled a switch in my head. All sorts of ideas came streaming into my head! Right then a there I knew what I was going to write and I mean exactly what I was going to write.
Mrs. Simon is also very social. She would treat you like you were her friend since she was five. I went to visit her a few months ago and she started to talk about how she loved some of the same artists that teens today are really into like Pink, Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake, and so many others. To be honest, I’ve never told her this, but she reminds me of one of my role models, she’s a rapper, a singer and an amazing person just like Mrs. Simon. Her stage name is CL; she is from a girl group named 2NE1. Both of their personalities are so similar; they are leaders, inspiring, motivative, brave, cool, and both of them are my top role models. She loves pigs with a passion, and everything she owns has something to do with a pig; her house, and her classroom, is full of pigs. She thinks of strategies that can relate to a pig, but the strategies would be so good, that you would be able to remember it for a really long time.
In conclusion, I think Mrs. Simon would be a good nomination for the Educator of the Year Award because she is simply an amazing teacher who is helpful, enthusiastic, caring, social, funny, energetic, and very much like a childhood friend. She is a great teacher; she explains everything thoroughly and is always there for me when I really need her. I bet all of her former students still remember the strategies that she taught, and they still use them to this day. She is my role model, and I love her. I truly do believe she deserves this nomination for the Educator of the Year Award.