Mrs.Fulton | Teen Ink

Mrs.Fulton

By 4carpenter BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4carpenter BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Mrs. Fulton

By: Brady Carpenter

I have never been the best at math, I would say I'm about average. So coming into junior year I was very nervous about what my functions class would be like. And then September 1, 2022 I walk into my 2nd period class functions, I walked into class and Mrs. Fulton said “ Good morning team”. Thoughts were going through my head, like did she just say team I have never had a teacher call their class a team. That moment changed me for my semester, it really made me feel the importance of the teacher and that they are here to make us smarter and teach life lessons. 

Mrs. Fulton is one of the funniest teachers I have ever met from trying to learn new slang to telling silly stories of her children. She always has a little joke or pun on the board every morning when you walk in, and just puts a smile on your face. But as a teacher she teaches kids to know yourself as a learner and gives you a lot of freedom that you as a student learns the best. She is a true mentor and to any students she has had can agree that her main goal when teaching is to put a smile on the students face, make them excited to go back to her class the next day when you leave. I also love how interactive she is with me and the other students she teaches you too.

The best thing about her class is that even if you are having a bad day or just not feeling like doing math. She helps, She cares, and she gets it. Mrs. Fulton is a great teacher because she realizes the stress and busy schedule’s teenagers have, and she helps kids and gives them time to do their homework in class if they don't have time out of school. Mrs. Fulton motivates her students into doing more, like going out for sports, joining clubs, taking a more advanced math class. Mrs. Fulton cares about her students and loves her job, that is what makes her the best teacher.

This piece is about my favorite teacher, and she teaches functions at arrowhead high school